compression=gzip and RAW Print Queues (ipp)

Andrew Powell andy at advancethermal.com
Fri Sep 30 05:30:46 PDT 2011

Would there be a way to modify the PPD file so it would get decompressed
and sent to the printer without any further processing?

If the printer was setup as a Generic Text-Only printer, what would need
to change in the /etc/cups/ppd/jaxshop.ppd file so no post-processing
would occur?  Could something like this even work?