compression=gzip and RAW Print Queues (ipp)

Andrew Powell andy at advancethermal.com
Fri Sep 30 08:44:21 PDT 2011

OUTSTANDING!  That worked!

My /etc/cups/ppd/jaxshop.ppd file looks like:

*PPD-Adobe: "4.3"
*FormatVersion: "4.3"
*FileVersion: "1.4"
*LanguageVersion: English
*LanguageEncoding: ISOLatin1
*PCFileName: "generic.ppd"
*cupsFilter: "application/vnd.hp-HPGL 0 -"
*Manufacturer: "Xerox"
*Product: "(Xerox 6204)"
*ModelName: "Xerox 6204"
*ShortNickName: "Xerox 6204"
*NickName: "Xerox 6204"
*PSVersion: "(2016.0) 0"
*DefaultImageableArea: Letter
*DefaultPaperDimension: Letter
*DefaultPageSize: Letter
*DefaultPageRegion: Letter
*PageSize Letter/US Letter: "<</PageSize[612 792]/ImagingBBox
null>>setpagedevice"
*PageRegion Letter/US Letter: "<</PageSize[612 792]/ImagingBBox
null>>setpagedevice"
*ImageableArea Letter/US Letter: "12 12 600 780"
*PaperDimension Letter/US Letter: "612 792"

I used cupstestppd to test conformance.