[cups.general] Brother MFC-9560CDW

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Sep 30 09:43:54 PDT 2011

Operating system: FreeBSD-8.2 amd64

I recently purchased a Brother MFC-9560CDW printer. I am having a
problem getting it running with CUPS on my FreeBSD system. Cups detects
this printer: Connection: lpd://BRW0022587025CB/BINARY_P1 and I can
print a "Self Test Page". This is how CUPS detects the printer:

Location:	Local Printer
Driver:	Brother MFC-9560CDW CUPS (color, 2-sided printing)
Connection:	lpd://BRW0022587025CB/BINARY_P1
Defaults:	job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in
sides=one-sided

Now, although I can print a "Self Test Page" that consists of three
lines of info:

Brother MFC-9560CDW
3010.106 5
-888078524

I cannot get it to print a standard test page. I am seeing this error
message displayed tough:

idle - "Filter "/usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/brlpdwrappermfc9560cdw"
for printer "Brother_MFC-9560CDW" not available: No such file or
directory"

I cannot find the file specified anywhere on my system.

So, why will it print a "Self Test Page" but not a regular "Test Page"?
This printer is working fine with the Windows7 machine connected to the
network so I am sure that it does work.

I really need this to work. I would hate to think I wasted a lot of
money on a "paper weight".

--
Gerard ✌
gerard at seibercom.net