[cups.general] BROTHER MFC-9560CDW

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Sep 30 10:22:45 PDT 2011

I am trying to get a Brother MFC-9560CDW printer working on my
FreeBSD-8.2 amd64 system.

Cups detects the printer:

Location:	Local Printer
Driver:	Brother MFC-9560CDW CUPS (color, 2-sided printing)
Connection:	lpd://BRW0022587025CB/BINARY_P1
Defaults:	job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in sides=one-sided

I have seen this error message:

Idle - "Filter "/usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/brlpdwrappermfc9560cdw"
for printer "Brother_MFC-9560CDW" not available: No such file or directory"

I do not have that file on the system nor can I find out where to
locate one.

I can print a "Print self test page" which consists of three lines:

Brother MFC-9560CDW
3010.106 5
-888078254

if I change the connection to: lpd://192.168.1.100/BINARY_P1 which is
the actual address of the printer. However, I still cannot print a
regular "test Page" nor print from any other application.

This printer works fine when used with a Windows7 machine; so I am sure
that it is working correctly.

I really need some help here. I would hate to think I purchased an
expensive paper weight.

--
Gerard ✌
gerard at seibercom.net