[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3941: Images disappear from ps

Robert Helling helling at atdotde.de
Wed Sep 7 08:45:34 PDT 2011

[STR New]

We have several HP printers in our department, the problem only appears
with a Laserjet4050:

When I print a PDF from the command line using lpr only the text on the
page is printed but the images are missing (example pdf on
http://homepages.physik.uni-muenchen.de/~helling/brief.pdf there it is the
letter head). I figured out that cups applies pdftops to this. Running this
manually yields a ps that still contains the images but they also disappear
when I send the ps to the printer via lpr. We have installed the most
recent ppd that we could find and error.log does not give any hint that
problems are encountered (even with LogLevel debug).

If I print the pdf using acroreader it prints perfectly.
Any ideas?

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3941
Version: 1.3.8