[cups.bugs] First page prints correctly, subsequent pages offset down

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Sep 15 06:17:54 PDT 2011

Hello,

On Sep 15 04:33 Ivor Cox wrote:
> I am using SUSE linux with a networked HP color laserjet 3600dn.
> I have installed the printer via CUPS and YaST and no matter
> how I print (multi page per side, duplex, normal) The second
> and subsequent sheets are offset down with a black bar
> in the unused space.
> Is this a known problem and is there a fix.

At least for me this is not a known problem.
But I know about problems where the printout is "strange", see
"Various printout failures with CUPS default RIPCache 8m" at
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Printing

By the way:
More precise information would have been helpful, see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:How_to_Report_a_Printing_Issue

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner