[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3912: access to cups impossible with SSH tunnels

Bruno CAPELETO bruno.capeleto at free.fr
Wed Sep 21 06:45:17 PDT 2011

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

It is problematic : I use freenx via a ssh-tunnel through a gateway, and I
am not able to print locally. I suspect it is because of this issue,
because the cups connection doesn't work "manually" ("...using invalid
Host:...").
I found a workaround which is to make 2 ssh tunnels instead of one, so
that on both ends there is "localhost:631".
This is very complicated in the end : is there really no way to disable
this security feature ? The directive "ServerAlias *" doesn't help at all
in my case.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3912
Version: 1.4.3
Fix Version: Will Not Fix