[cups.development] How to installed cups package configuration T.T

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Sep 23 02:33:37 PDT 2011

Hello,

On Sep 22 17:00 kimsnagjoon wrote (excerpt):
>> I installed suse 11.4 and cups-devel-1.4.6-8.6.i586.rpm
>> gcc -o simple `cups-config --cflags` simple.c `cups-config --libs`
>> ./simple
>>
>> but occur error
>>
>> gcc: cups-config --cflags: No such file or directory
>> gcc: cups-config --libs: No such file or directory

/usr/bin/cups-config is in the cups-libs RPM because
third-party printing related software installers
may need it to install their software parts for CUPS
(e.g. additional CUPS filters and backends)
into the right CUPS directories.

But the cups-devel RPM requires the cups-libs RPM of the
same CUPS version so that I wonder how you might have the
cups-devel RPM installed without the matching cups-libs RPM?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner