Cannot open libcupsimage.so.2 64 bits

William wr.wllm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 04:47:39 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have problems trying to set up Lexmark X4650 printer.
I have already installed this printer on Ubuntu (32 bits) and it works.
But now, I want to install this printer on Debain (64 bits) and it doesnt't work.
I have found the problem, the binairies /usr/lexinkjet/08zero/bin/printdriver failed with the following message:

"./printdriver: error while loading shared libraries: libcupsimage.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Moreover, I have this two files on my system:
/usr/lib/libcupsimage.so.2
/usr/lib64/libcupsimage.so.2

(Sorry for my english, i'm french ;) ).

Thanks for help.