[cups.development] How to get ip adress of any queue name

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Sep 29 10:06:20 PDT 2011

First, this doesn't work in general.

Second, you need to get the "device-uri" attribute for a printer, and then get the hostname from the URI, and then resolve that.

Finally, you'll also need to handle non-network queues, Bonjour queues (which require a separate DNSServiceResolve step to get the hostname)

Why are you trying to do this?