[cups.general] Windows XPS write to Cups?

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Apr 2 12:47:40 PDT 2012

On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 11:10:35 -0700
tj articulated:

> I have a question concerning the use of the Windows XPS driver and
> printing to a printer on the Linux box with cups.
>
> I  have a Konica-Minolta PagePro 1350W and they no longer supply
> drivers for Windows 7. My plan, if possible, was to use the power of
> CUPS to overcome this. I have heard that you can set up a printer to
> except the output for the Windows XPS Device Driver and have it print
> on the 1350W, or any other CUPS attached printer, via the postscript
> filter. Is this true or am I off base? And, if true, how do I go
> about setting it up on both machines?

Have you checked out this URL:
<http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productname=PagePro%201350W>

A Windows 7 driver is listed there. What makes you think they
discontinued support for that model on Windows 7? I cannot find any
documentation to support that claim.

You might want to check this out also:
<http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/DownloadFile/Download.ashx?fileid=23138&productid=980>

The driver is located here: