CUPS-PDF - Max clients reached, holding new connections... And "IPP Read Error!"

Matt matt at byrdits.com
Wed Apr 4 17:51:49 PDT 2012

Hey guys thanks in advance for any help.

I'm running into a situation where I have to use Firefox to print to PDF and it's a 40 pages at a time or so (all different URL's, not a single URL that's 40 pages long). I'm tailing the error log and I see many Max clients reached, holding new connections followed by IPP Read Error!

Any idea what I can do to tweak this? I'm on an 8 core system with 16GB RAM so I'm not short on hardware. Can I give cupsd a little more priority with renice or do I need to change the conf to allow more connections? Why am I getting the IPP read error?

Thanks so much again for any help!!!