Printing problems in an HP plotter (lack of memory issue)

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Fri Apr 6 03:53:54 PDT 2012

> Hi all,
>
> I installed cups in a print server (Ubuntu 12.04), the server works fine with desktop printers but I'm having problems specifically with a plotter: HP DesignJet 500 "C7769B".
> It seems that the plotter gets lack of memory when printing, because only prints the initial part of the test page.
> I tried some different configurations that I found googling but the result was the same. In order to stop wasting paper and ink, would someone please recommend me a solution.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Eduardo
Hello Eduardo,

please explain a little bit more ...
which driver do you use?
which connection to the plotter do you use?
do you have a memory extensions inside of the printer?

you could also try the basic driver "HP DesignJet 750c pcl, 1.0"

this driver should print quick in a CAD quality.

regards
Franz