CUPS + Samba + Windows driver - paper size is always Letter instead of A4

Georger Araujo georger_br at yahoo.com.br
Sat Apr 7 12:46:19 PDT 2012

Hi,
I'm running CUPS 1.3.7 and Samba 3.5.5 (this is on ClearOS 5.2 SP1) with the latest Windows driver from SVN - cupsaddsmb worked flawlessly.

I configured the Page Size in all my queues to A4, but when I install the printer on any particular Windows XP/7 client computer, the paper size is always configured as Letter.

I hand-edited the PPDs so that the DefaultPageSize (and the other Default* properties) were A4 instead of Letter. Still, when I install the printer on any Windows computer, the paper size is Letter.

How can I make the Windows driver honor the paper size of the queue in the CUPS server?

Regards,

Georger