Mozilla programs load wrong default print resolution from Kyocera print driver

Volker Lenhardt volker.lenhardt at uni-due.de
Wed Apr 11 05:32:10 PDT 2012

Firefox 11.0 under openSUSE 12.1, CUPS 1.5.0

My printer is a Kyocera FS-1300D and I use the driver "Kyocera FS-1300D.PPD" from Kyocera. In CUPS I chose the print resolution of 600 as default value.

Whenever I start the print dialog in Firefox or Thunderbird, it shows the resolution of 300. As I need it to be higher defined, I always have to change it manually to 600. This is no great thing, but you tend to forget to do so. Other default values are read correctly.

This is true only for the Mozilla programs. All the other applications see all the default values correctly.

What can I do? I tried some other drivers, but there doesn't seem to exist any other special for the FS 1300. All the other ones have their own shortcomings.

Volker