Unsupported document-format "application/pdf".

vipul mahajan vipul.mahajan at spectross.com
Wed Apr 11 23:04:03 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have installed CUPS 1.5.0. on my embedded system. It can print .txt files but unable to print .pdf and .jpeg files. How can I achieve this?

When I print .pdf file using command lp xyz.pdf it stays Unsupported document-format "application/pdf". When I print .jpeg image in the GUI it says "The print file could not be opened".

I have configured CUPS using --enable-pdftops --enable-image options. Do I need to make any other changes as well?

Kindly let me know.