Since ubuntu 11.10 CUPS is problematic

Roy Stannard roycstannard at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 02:54:29 PDT 2012

Hi,

Since installing ubuntu 11.10 some weeks ago, CUPS has not been working properly. Unpredictably (to me, at least) the printer goes into pause mode or hold setting, and I have to either cancel the job or try some other ad hoc action, like turning the printer off and on. I can't be much more specific because I'm not that conversant with printer software.

I changed the user from 'Witheld' to 'roy', but this made no difference.

I don't know if this is relevant but I've been printing fairly large, graphic intensive LibreOffice files.

I've been using ubuntu (and CUPS) for several years and this is the first time I've had any problems.

My printer is an HP Laserjet 1022.

Any help would be most welcome.