[cups.general] CUPS texttops and duplex printing

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Apr 25 08:18:23 PDT 2012

Michael Sweet wrote:

> Matthias,
>
> On Apr 25, 2012, at 6:44 AM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> but the file 'ps' does not contain any Postscript directive having
>> to do with side or duplex printing;
>>
>> How is this option '-o sides=two-sided-long-edge' implemented in CUPS
>> exactly?
>

> A second filter is normally used (pstops) that adds all of the
> printer-specific commands. Are you using a Foomatic driver for the
> printer?

Michael,

No Foomatic is installed and pstops is used:

I [25/Apr/2012:12:35:27 +0200] [Job 748] Started
filter /usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/pstops (PID 2457)
D [25/Apr/2012:12:35:32 +0200] PID 2457
(/usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/pstops) exited with no errors.

Is there a way to see what pstops finally hands over to the backend; ok
maybe I could subtitute pstops by my own shell proc to catch the stream...

Thanks

        matthias