@PJL SET JOBATTR on every print

Ben Sigman ben at rentageekla.com
Thu Apr 26 19:45:20 PDT 2012

Instead of printing what was sent to the printer, a Macbook Pro is printing the following ONLY:

<Computer Name"
			@PJL SET JOBATTR="JobAcct3=Computer-Name-(PAGE CUTS OFF HERE)

The issue is only affecting one computer and other computers with the same driver are able to print fine. We attempted to upgrade the system from 10.6.8 to 10.7.3 and install newer drivers, but the problem persisted. I have also tried RESET PRINTING SYSTEM, but this did not work either.

Currently, we are running OS X 10.7.3 and using driver version 18.4 for an HP LaserJet CM1415fnw

I believe this issue is being caused by something corrupted in the CUPS framework somewhere, log files showed that CMYK_A.icc Gray_A.icc and sRGB_A.icc were missing -  after a chmod 777 - the error went away but we are still unable to print. Logs also showed that HP Device Monitor.app was failing to start - could this be part of the issue?

Can anyone help?