allow certain IPs to print, but not not access web interface

AA antoineali.zarrouk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 13:23:27 PDT 2012

> Hello,
>
> I'm in a situation where I want several dozen computers to be able to print to a CUPS server, but I want to rescript access to the Web Interface to a few administrative machines.  Does anyone know if it's possible to limit access to the CUPS Web Interface to certain IP address, but still allow printing from other IPs?
>
> I've been looking for a way to decouple these to two things without turning off the Web Interface altogether, but haven't found anything so far.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

You could maybe use the <Location> sections and the "Allow From ... / Deny From" words.

For example something you could try :

<Location />
 Order deny,allow
 Allow From {List of IP adresses}
</Location>

<Location /printers>
 Order allow,deny
 Allow From All
</Location>

Like this all of the computer could access to the printers and their description pages but not to all the web interface.

I hope that i could help you.