Options are not working printing XPS files

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Thu Aug 9 09:39:28 PDT 2012

rodolfo wrote:

> Hello. I am trying to print a XPS file with duplex, but it always print it
> as if I dont specify anything. Printing PDFs works fine.
>
> What should I do?

I have an (still experimental and not yet published) xpstopdf filter for
CUPS.
As this filter depends on Ghostscript's xps interpreter (see
http://www.ghostscript.com/GhostXPS.html), it does not honour the xps
printing ticket as specified by Microsoft, but the usual job options handled
by CUPS (and some special xps specific options in addition) are handled as
usual.

If you are interested, drop me an e-mail.

Helge