Problems with internal data of print jobs

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Wed Aug 22 02:00:02 PDT 2012

> Hello,
>
> I have a question. I can't find my problem in any documentation of cups. How can i edit the data which cups sends in a print job. I saw that cups sends the username with the server ip. So that looks like: "root (10.3.11.3)". And that IP is the problem. We want to use FollowMe-Printing and the user have to authenticates himself on the printer. But when cups sends not only the username, the user cant authenticates himself. How can i remove the ip?
>
> Greets
> TeQ

Hello TeQ,

to help you more information are necessary (as always ...)
Which kind of FollowMe-Print are you using. I know no solutions which is working
with CUPS or Linux. They are Windows only.

So give us more information, so anybody with some more knowhow could help you.

Where can you see the userid with ip?
Which protocol to you use to feed the cups (lpd/ipp/smb).

regards
Franz