GUI for CUPS?

George Del Monte george at tenmax.com
Fri Aug 24 10:28:33 PDT 2012

I'm sorry, but I've been spoiled by GUIs in the Windows and Apple worlds. I've been frustrated because I don't see anything in CUPS that helps me add a wireless printer to my computer running Ubuntu 12.04. I'm pretty sure I've got the printer's correct IP address from my router, but there's NOWHERE in CUPS where I can type the IP address so I can move on and start printing. If there's a drop-dead, straight-forward method to success, I'd appreciate learning what it is. It is the pits to copy a file to a flash drive, move to my Windows computer, and send the file to the Wireless printer, which is RIGHT NEXT to my Ubuntu computer. GRRR.