canon pixma MG6220

yeroc eeno at cox.net
Thu Aug 30 14:57:57 PDT 2012

I just purchased the canon pixma MG6220 ...  and having trouble even knowing where to start with CUPS setting up this printer.  I'm running arch linux, and I'm quite comfortable and experienced in linux - but just not with printer/cups configuration.

It looks like the canon pixma MG6220 is listed as being 'untested'.  I'm wondering whether anyone here has successfully gotten this thing configured.

I haven't yet hooked it up to my linux pc via USB, as I wanted to first try and see whether I could get it to work via the wireless network - that was one of the reasons we got it, for the wifi feature; which is wasted if I end up having to attach it to a usb cable...

Second thing I'm very confused on... is the whole issue regarding what-in-the-world do I use for the URI?  I don't know what protocol to select (ipp, ipps, http, https, etc) ... let alone the path... /port1, /queue, /LP1, etc. etc. )... it all just looks like a great big massive guessing game...

Any advice, or suggestions is very much appreciated!