[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4155: CanonIP4200 does not print complete pages

Jan Hinnerk Stosch janhinnerk.stosch at gmx.de
Thu Aug 2 09:33:26 PDT 2012

[STR New]

Since the release of CUPS 1.5.4 my printer does not print complete pages
any more (e.g. testpage finishes at about 3/4). The job however is logged
as completed. Reverting to 1.5.3 solves the problem in general.
Seldomly there are jobs which are not finished and the printer just hangs.
I then have to turn of the power of the printer. I had this problem with
1.5.3 yesterday but cannot reproduce it.
My guess would be, that it has something to do with the usblp/libusb
changes here: http://cups.org/str.php?L4128. Especially the comment to the
usb-libusb-c-update-1-5-x-3.patch sounds familiar.

In addition: I am using Archlinux x86_64. In earlier days it was suggested
to blacklist usblp - I tested both versions - with and without usblp - and
got the same results.
I enabled Debugging in cupsd.conf and received no errors.

Please tell me if you need any further information.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4155
Version: 1.6.1