CUPS 1.4.7 IPP Compliance Test failure

Jerry Fowler jfowler at cerner.com
Wed Aug 8 10:52:27 PDT 2012

I have been working to get this older version working on multiple internal machines.  So far I have been successful with HP-UX (11.31), but I am running into a regression test failure on AIX platform which I am not sure how to troubleshoot.  I am getting the following failures in the regression test:

Setting up environment variables for test...
Starting scheduler:
     ../scheduler/cupsd -c /tmp/cups-d_solbld/cupsd.conf -f >/tmp/cups-d_solbld/log/debug_log 2>&1 &

Scheduler is PID 4784298.

Running IPP compliance tests...
Performing 4.1-requests.test...
"4.1-requests.test":
Unexpected token attributes-natural-language seen on line 4 - aborting test!
Performing 4.2-cups-printer-ops.test...
ipptest: Unexpected token e seen on line 3 - aborting test!
"4.2-cups-printer-ops.test":
Performing 4.3-job-ops.test...
ipptest: Unexpected token e seen on line 3 - aborting test!
"4.3-job-ops.test":
Performing 4.4-subscription-ops.test...
ipptest: Unexpected token e seen on line 3 - aborting test!
"4.4-subscription-ops.test":

Running command tests...
Performing 5.1-lpadmin.sh...
Add Printer Test

    lpadmin -p Test3 -v file:/dev/null -E -m drv:///sample.drv/deskjet.ppd
    PASSED

Modify Printer Test

    lpadmin -p Test3 -v file:/tmp/Test3 -o PageSize=A4
    PASSED

Delete Printer Test

    lpadmin -x Test3
    PASSED

Performing 5.2-lpc.sh...
LPC Test

    lpc status
    PASSED

Performing 5.3-lpq.sh...
LPQ Test

    lpq -P Test1
../berkeley/lpq: Unknown destination "Test1"!
    FAILED
Performing 5.4-lpstat.sh...
LPSTAT Test

How do I go about troubleshooting this?

My platform is AIX 6.1 with the XL C/C++ Compiler.  This happens on both version 10.1 and 11.1 of the previously mentioned compiler.

It also appears that there are multiple places in the ipptest.c code where the message "Unexpected token" can be generated.

What is the best method determine from which section of the code this is being generated?