[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4165: cupsctl: Unknown option "--remote-printers"

Matthew Munro matthew.munro at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 14 14:22:03 PDT 2012

[STR New]

A fresh install of Mac OS Mountain Lion I cannot connect to any network
printers using CUPS.  The version of CUPS that is installed is 1.6.

Normally within the Terminal executing "cupsctl --remote-printers" enables
to show network printers.  Unfortunately now I receive the following error:

  cupsctl: Unknown option "--remote-printers"

This means that I am unable to see or connect to any network printers
using CUPS.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4165
Version: 1.6.0