Problems with internal data of print jobs

Benjamin Wilk b.wilk at arcor.de
Tue Aug 21 07:20:52 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have a question. I can't find my problem in any documentation of cups. How can i edit the data which cups sends in a print job. I saw that cups sends the username with the server ip. So that looks like: "root (10.3.11.3)". And that IP is the problem. We want to use FollowMe-Printing and the user have to authenticates himself on the printer. But when cups sends not only the username, the user cant authenticates himself. How can i remove the ip?

Greets
TeQ