[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #4178: CUPs 1.6.x server does not send PPD/option info to CUPS 1.6.x client

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 07:04:07 PDT 2012

[STR New]

Both server and client are CUPS 1.6.1 on Ubuntu Quantal 12.10 (with Avahi)
and the patches of STR #4155, STR #4156, STR #4157, STR #4158, and
especially the patch of STR #4159.

Like in STR #4159 I have a raw queue on the client which points to a queue
with PPD/driver on the server. In contrary to the 1.5.3 server of STR #4159
I use a CUPS 1.6.1 server now and with this the options of the server's PPD
do not show in print dialogs of the client. The client recognizes the queue
correctly as one pointing to a remote CUPS server but the PPD/option data
is not transferred from the server to the client.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4178
Version: 1.6.1