Oki C810 networked, desktop client Ubuntu 12.04

Tom Davies TomDavies04 at Yahoo.Co.Uk
Thu Dec 6 08:58:18 PST 2012

Hi :)
I think i am looking for a printer driver.   The printer is an Oki C810 523af2 and i am trying to access it over a Lan from an Ubuntu12.04 kernel 3.2.0-34-generic-pae desktop machine.

I posted a question to LinuxQuestions and got some good responses
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/printer-driver-oki-c810-523af2-ubuntu12-04-kernel-3-2-0-34-generic-pae-4175440032/
but it's still not working.

The web-interface suggested by Markush on LQ
http://localhost:631
was really quite amazing and i was impressed that it picked up the other printers that are working over the network.

I searched through the Oki Cd today to see if i could find a Ppd driver to use but there wasn't any.  The LQ suggestion of trying the one from the older series 610 seems to have been the best shot but it doesn't work on the C810.  The Oki website didn't have anything better either.

So, is there any hope of getting the printer in my room working rather than relying on ones in other people's offices?
Regards from
Tom :)