Output only with "-o raw" ?

Niels S. Eliasen nse at delfi-konsult.com
Thu Dec 6 15:08:15 PST 2012

Anyone who could some light on this will be greatly appreciated ....

I have a bunch of printers configured(approx. 130), and suddenly we are
only able to print using "lp -o raw -d xx filename" Which fortunately is
being done for quite a number of jobs... but it is annoying that regular
print-jobs cannot be done, although they do appear in the Web-interface
as having being printed, but there is no entry in the "page_log". Unless
I specify "lp -o raw -d xx filename".. then they do appear both places
Even the "Test print" appear as having being printed, but does not show
in the "page_log" file either...
On the Linux (RedHat) side nothing has changed(this is CUPS 1.3.7), so I
am somewhat baffled by this...
Any ideas?

regards