[cups.general] Setting up DCp-7040 as newtwork printer

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Dec 17 05:07:37 PST 2012

tj,

Try enabling debug logging with:

    cupsctl --debug-logging

and then print a job.  There should be enough information to figure out why the job is failing from that (post a snippet of the '[Job N]' messages from the log).

More than likely this printer has a buggy IPP stack - AppSocket would be the recommended fallback protocol - socket://192.168.1.206 in your case.