p2035n can't find correct trays

Douglas Germann 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Thu Dec 27 21:56:25 PST 2012

Paul--

Maybe this is a clue:

I suspect the problem is that the printer is connected through samba to a WinXP box, and the hp tools are not able to find it. Everything I google speaks of pinging the printer, etc. I am unable to ping 192.168.0.111/p2035n.

So tried this:
~$ hp-setup -g

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.12.11)
Printer/Fax Setup Utility ver. 9.0

Copyright (c) 2001-14 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

hp-setup[14335]: debug: param=
hp-setup[14335]: debug: selected_device_name=None
hp-setup[14335]: debug: Sys.argv=['/usr/bin/hp-setup', '-g'] printer_name=None param= jd_port=1 device_uri=None remove=False
hp-setup[14335]: debug: Starting GUI loop...
hp-setup[14335]: debug: Trying IP address smb://192.168.0.111/p2035n
hp-setup[14335]: debug: Not found.
hp-setup[14335]: debug: Trying serial number smb://192.168.0.111/p2035n
hp-setup[14335]: debug: Probing bus: usb
hp-setup[14335]: debug: Probing bus: par
error: No devices found on bus: net

Done.

This seems to be telling me it does not know how to look for the printer behind or within the samba connection.

Could that be the issue, or one of them, Paul?

:- Doug.