Compile errors

Jerry Birkes jerrybirkes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:56:30 PST 2012

I have been having a very hard time getting cups 1.5.0 to compile. I get the following readout when it blows up. Any advice on how to get this to properly make would be greatly appreciated. I am somewhat of a newd on solaris but I am coming along adn am eager to get much more profficient in this area.
Thank You

ar: writing libcups.a
Linking libcups.so.2...
Making all in test...
Compiling ippserver.c...
In file included from ../cups/http-private.h:68,
                 from ../cups/cups-private.h:29,
                 from ippserver.c:72:
/usr/include/kerberosv5/krb5.h:11: warning: ignoring #pragma ident
Linking ippserver...
libiconv_close                      ../cups/libcups.a(transcode.o)
libiconv_open                       ../cups/libcups.a(transcode.o)
libiconv                            ../cups/libcups.a(transcode.o)
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to ippserver
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
gcc -L../cgi-bin -L../cups -L../filter -L../ppdc  -L../scheduler   -fPIE -pie -Wall -Wno-format-y2k -Wunused -fPIC -Os -g -o ippserver ippserver.o  ../cups/libcups.a \
        -lgss -L/usr/lib -R/usr/lib -lkrb5   -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl -lsocket -lm -lz
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ippserver'
Current working directory /Desktop/cups-1.5.0/test
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for dir in cups test filter backend berkeley cgi-bin driver monitor notifier ppdc scheduler systemv conf data desktop locale man doc examples templates  fonts; do\
        echo Making all in $dir... ;\
        (cd $dir ; make  all ) || exit 1;\
done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'