[cups.general] Compile errors

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Feb 2 11:58:00 PST 2012

On Feb 2, 2012, at 7:34 AM, Jerry Birkes wrote:
> Compiling conflicts.c...
> conflicts.c: In function `cupsResolveConflicts':
> conflicts.c:196: warning: 'active' might be used uninitialized in this function

What compiler are you using?  We normally develop with -Werror (Clang/GCC), so any warning will be addressed immediately.

> Compiling globals.c...
> globals.c:43: warning: missing braces around initializer
> globals.c:43: warning: (near initialization for `cups_globals_key_once.__pthread_once_pad')

This points to a broken pthread.h header on your Solaris system.

> Compiling usb.c...
> usb-unix.c:561: warning: 'side_cb' defined but not used

Feel free to file a bug about this - we usually #ifdef out platform-specific code like this but obviously missed this one...