One Log for One Printerqueue

Chris spamvoll at weiligmann-net.de
Thu Feb 2 12:43:49 PST 2012

Hello together,

it is possible to wrote the log/print information into a sql db? (mysql postgresql) or is it possible to wrote the error messages into one logfile for one printerqueue?

probably have to write your own backend for this one?

one question from me is:

The Scenario:
if i have two servers with the same printerqueues and the printerserver become from an loadbalancer the printoutput.  (It works great)

But, if i have a problem with a printer, i must be look to the two servers to check if where hang the printjob or anything else.

Now I have to program against the following:
Seamless view for CUPS Server. The programm included a service and a client programm.

my question is: it possible to buy something like this already or has anyone ever started to program this idea.

thanks for all.

A lot of questions, sorry for my horrible english.