Problems printing to remote (LPR) printer

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Sun Feb 5 14:02:16 PST 2012

Tom Watson wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for the log file. I saw that your cups 1.5.0 installation uses
gutenprint 5.2.7 for this printer. The ip1600 is supported for the first
time in this version but still marked as "EXPERIMENTAL" which means
essentially untested.

Yout working configuration uses a canon proprietary filter named
pstocanonij.

Before digging deeper into the gutenprint issue, I'd suggest to re-install
the pstocanonij filter. I found installable packages for this printer
(ip1600) at
http://software.canon-europe.com .

As I do not know which system you are on, I cannot give more detailed
information.

Helge