cupstestppd error

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Mon Feb 6 10:02:06 PST 2012

Jean-phil wrote:

> My goal is to find a generic printer ppd that work with all my printer
> exactly the same way that it is working on my old Linux.

Jean-phil,

the PPD you posted is needs a special filter named cupsomatic, which has
been superseded by foomatic-rip for a long time already, and the
openprinting web site doesn't support that old cupsomatic any more, as it
requires, among others, a configuration file (in /etc).

If you tell us (me) make and model of all your printers, I could think about
using an appropriate version of foomatic-rip, perhaps (but no guarantee,
currently!).

Helge