PPD error when changing from red hat 3 to redhat 5.7

Jean-phil jpmill at dgeq.qc.ca
Mon Feb 6 10:05:56 PST 2012

When I test my ppd on both Red HAt 3 and Redhat 5 it works on the first one but not  in the second one.

Here's what my output gives me :

 cupstestppd /etc/cups/ppd/tempo/ppd/INFO5.ppd
/etc/cups/ppd/tempo/ppd/INFO5.ppd: FAIL
      **FAIL**  Unable to open PPD file - Line longer than the maximum allowed (255 characters) on line 198.
                REF: Page 15, section 3.1.
        WARN    Line 45 only contains whitespace!

To workaroud that I created a new generic Post Script driver and it PASS but when i try to do :

$ echo hello | lpr -PINFO5

the output is not the same. So I want to find a driver to replace my old one.

Thanks

Jean-Philippe