[cups.general] CUPS stops and restarts jobs

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Feb 14 10:05:03 PST 2012

Paul,

The timing of the issue is suspicious - Red Hat uses logrotated to rotate the CUPS logs (instead of letting CUPS do it). Do you see any "shutting down" or "restart" messages in the log?

As for restarting from the stop point, CUPS does not support that (really hard to do reliably with arbitrary printers/drivers/interfaces) so let's focus on preventing the restart in the first place.