Can't access CUPS Aministration

Bob baasha at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 17 17:00:48 PST 2012

HI,

I have two Ubuntu computers and a printer all connected via a LAN.  From one computer I can configure my printer with no problems.  However the other computer will not let me access any of the administration functions.  If I click on any of the menu items it just sits there and does nothing.  It never asks me for a password.

I have un-installed CUPS completely, including profiles, and re-installed several times with no change.  If I try to find printers on the network CUPS says there aren't any, yet I can ping the printer from both machines.

This is probably a simple problem but it has me stumped.  Where do I begin?

Bob