Cups upgrade from RHEL4 (cups-1.1.22) toRHEL6 x64 (cups-1.4.2)

Greg Jones gotj at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 29 14:20:21 PST 2012

Thanks for the info Michael.

We've fixed our printing problem by changing our filter script so that it does a check on the file type and act appropriately, like this...

# See if we have a filename on the command-line...
if test -z "$6"; then
  unset TMPFILE
  trap -- 'rm -f "$TMPFILE"' EXIT
  TMPFILE=$(mktemp ${TMPDIR:-/tmp}/textonly.XXXXXX)
  cat > "$TMPFILE"
else
  TMPFILE="$6"
fi

file $TMPFILE | grep -qi postscript
ISPS=`echo $?`

while [ $i -le $copies ]
do
       if [ "$ISPS" = "0" ] ; then
                cat $TMPFILE
        else
                echo "ERROR: Non postscript file detected. Ignoring..." 1>&2
        fi
        i=`expr $i + 1`
done

# Cleanup