STR #3551: Handle SNMP supply level quirks

Peter Hurley peter at hurleysoftware.com
Wed Feb 1 08:36:15 PST 2012

As I noted in this report, quirks handling for supply levels reported in percent is probably unnecessary. It's likely that the printer specified the prtMarkerSuppliesSupplyUnit value as percent and, thus, reports that supply in percent. This is a bug in the way the existing code computes supply percent.

I have prepared a patch; however, there are 2 other bugs in supply level handling that I have patches for as well. The first addresses special negative prtMarkerSuppliesLevel values enumerated in RFC 1759. The second addresses supplies that grow toward max capacity rather than toward zero.

Should I post these individually as separate bugs with patches for each, or collectively, either in this report or a new report with a patch series?

Also, I have an additional status feature add in the same code for waste trays reporting full and cleaner units reporting EOL, which depend on these bug fixes. Separate?

Peter