cupsGetOption("device-uri", dest->num_options, dest->options) returns null

dinesh verma dverma at q3tech.com
Sun Feb 5 22:46:16 PST 2012

Hi,
I am trying to create a printer application. in which i need to filter the printer list based on device-uri. My Application runs fine on mac OS version 10.5 & later. but when i tried to run the same application on mac 10.4.11 version

cupsGetOption("device-uri", dest->num_options, dest->options) funtion always returns null.

The target machine has cups version 1.1.23. Can Anyone please let me know if

cupsGetOption("device-uri", dest->num_options, dest->options) really works on cups version 1.1.23 or there is anyother way to find the device uri on mac 10.4 with cups version 1.1.23..

Thanks