[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #4023: CUPS1.5.0 with linuxmint 12 local

Ian ichapman at videotron.ca
Sun Feb 12 22:20:58 PST 2012

[STR New]

Hi guys,
     I'm not able to add a parallel port printer.  Add printer dialog
gives

local printer  * serial port 1
               * CUPS PDF (virtual PDF Printer)

I'm not able to add my epson stylus color 660.  All was fine in Mint 9 and
Mint 11.  There must be a way to get it working.  The web is full of many
silly fixes like Kernel problems and other stuff that is a wast of time.
Why is local printer  *  LP1 missing?  Do you guys have a work round for
this, is it a gnome 3 thing?  Regards Ian.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4023
Version: 1.5.0