[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4027: ipp backend fails

Joachim Schwender jschwender at de.ferrotec.com
Sat Feb 18 13:02:48 PST 2012

[STR New]

I updated from cups 1.5.0 to 1.5.2, since then none of the printers here
work with ipp backend anymore. Printing ends up in a "ipp backend failed"
error in the logs.  I run a ubuntu oneiric print server, running in a
openvz container, supplying print jobs to 35 printers of the brands
Kyocera, Xerox and Oki here. Previous versions of cups worked fine for a
long time. My impression is that the socket backend is also much slower
than in older versions, but finally produces paper output without an
error. lpt is best working.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4027
Version: 1.5.2