[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #4028: commandtops not robust against broken PostScript in PPD file

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 09:26:50 PST 2012

[STR New]

Helge, this helped me to make the finally working version (attached as
commandtops_v3.c). What I improved in addition now is to read each
backchannel line until a newline comes, otherwise the printer's answers
are sometimes broken up in two or more reads and this way settings and
error messages do not get correctly recognized. In addition, "Unknown" as
answer from the printer is now treated as a correct answer but not setting
the PPD default.

I have also added error_log messages for all cases where an option default
does not get set.

Due to the queries not running into a timeout any more, the
auto-configuration gets fast, taking only a few seconds.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4028
Version: 1.5.2