[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #4032: Can't print with hplip plugins installed using lpd

Ricardo Funke Ormieres ricardo.funke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:07:30 PST 2012

[STR New]

Hello,

I have the HP LaserJet Professional m1132 MFP using hpcups 3.12.2 and I
already installed the plugins correctly using hp-plugin command with
python 2.7.

Using usb connection it just works fine, but I have a print server that
uses LPD, so I connected the usb cable to this print server and I'm trying
to use this printer through the network.

I have two other HP printers working this way, but this one requires these
hplip plugins, so I installed it, but it still doesn't work using LPD.

The error message is hplip.plugin-error, so the error is still related to
the hplip plugins although I've already installed them.

Am I missing something?

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4032
Version: 1.5.2