HP Deskjet 1050 3 in one printer wont work on CUPS

gary garyp2004-cpa at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 05:43:27 PST 2012

Hi..
im using Puppy linux live cd cuz my windowz died.. anyways I bought a printer today.. and hooked it up to cups.. The model I need is not listed.. but it seems to me there are no new drivers for HP since 2008..wow.. how come??
I went thru the list of drivers.. it seemed there was one Genereic HP Deskjet driver.. well it had no Model No associated??

Yes CUPS detects the printer.
Yes it shows in my Excel program ( linux Vsn )

I have 4 options

Print to file
CUPS PDF
HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series Local Printer
PDF Writer

So it sees the printer.. but nothing happens.. zip.. not a sound..

I tried Print a test sheet.. same non result..
I thought I might un install the printer and try a couple more drivers.. but cant find where to do that??

What do you suggest.

Thanks

Gary