[cups.general] HP Printer Won't Accept CUPS Default Settings

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Jan 6 12:39:55 PST 2012

Larissa,

More than likely the printer driver presets are interfering with the PPD defaults; this is managed on a per-driver basis, so I'm guessing that either HP's driver is not honoring the PPD defaults or they are overriding them with their supplied presets.

However, rather than continue the finger pointing I would suggest that you make your settings changes in the Print dialog instead of the web interface and save them - then you can just pick "Fast Draft" from the Presets menu as needed to apply all of your settings.  You may even find that HP has already provided a preset for this particular combination...